Re: [ST] Cheaper tires are fine, but what about the install?

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Steve Lawler wrote:

> came in they called and said come down and they'll mount it. Problem #2:
> When I got there they told me that they might not be able to get to it
> until the next afternoon. Problem #3: They scratched the rim. Problem
> #4: They didn't have the capability to spin balance it; I ended up
> taking it to another dealer for that.

First of all, any dealer than can't get their shite together enough
to tell you, don't come today we can't get you in, should not be in
business.

Secondly, for motorcycle tires, is static balancing not just as good?
AFAIK, spin balancing should be quicker, thas all?

or am I missing something here?

> BTW The aforementioned dealer is no longer a Triumph dealer.

Well, there is some justice in this world.

t.

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 14 months old, 21,400 miles)
 '00 Yamaha WR400F
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500