Re: [ST] Cheaper tires are fine, but what about the install?

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Brian D wrote:

> You think there is some special training that is needed to change a
> Triumph tire vs a KawaHondaYamaSuzi one?  The Honda shop guys never take
> more than 10-20 mins to change one of mine when I walk in and I haven't
> noticed any scratches on my rims.

I do.  A friend here does our changes for us, have helped with VFR's and
some others but damn if we didn't have a hell of a time with the ST's
rear.  Seems it's a lot "flatter" in there between the edges than most
other tires, making it hard to spoon the tire off.  So there must be a
trick that the special training would show us to make it easier.

All in all he makes tire changing look so easy I'm thinking of getting
equipped myself.  Need to find an adaptor for the rear so we can balance
those, something like Jeff Knights at TireKwik has for the VFR wheels
would be nice.

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail