[ST] I am that person.....a couple of weeks later.......

I have been getting your e-mails for about a month now, but I have not had
anything really important to say.  You could say that I am just trying to
absorb as much as possible.  I was going to try to get down to Bull Shoals,
but I was unable to due to another scheduled trip.  We (me on a 2000 Red ST,
my dad, 1997 r1100rt, and two other guys on as they put it "the ultimate
touring machines" aka 1982/3 Honda gl1100).  After out journey south through
Arkansas, down to New Orleans, over to Pensacola FL, and then back up
through Nashville that was when we split up and my dad and I went back to
Arkansas to play and they headed back home.  You have to have a lot of
patience to ride an "ultimate touring machine" because before we made it out
of  Kansas City, we had one of them catch on fire.  Rear brake seized up and
it got a little warm.  And besides that they only have about a 120 mile fuel
range, and if you go over 75 mph on them the front end gets loose. (great
aerodynamics)  As you can tell I got a little tired of stopping so much. Now
back to the important stuff.  Arkansas kicks ass!!!!!  Highway 341 heading
north off of 14 is the best road I have found no questions.  Clean pavement,
plenty of turns, good hills, little or no traffic,  and the majority of the
turns are marked to help you judge your entry speed.  And to top it all off,
most of the turns are very similar so once you set up for one, they all seem
to fall into place.

I think that I have formulated some questions.....

Does any one have a Corbin seat?  How do they like it? Cost?

I am 6'4" and weight about 250#.  On log rides the only thing that gets sore
is my butt.  I tend to ride with a tank bag and lean over onto it putting
weight on the front half of my heiney leaving it sore after 400-500 miles.

What weight of oil is the triumph blend?

I don't want to start a oil war so if all responses would please keep brands
out of them and only state what weight of oil you use and your riding style
please.

Does anyone else's oil turn back as coal after 500 miles of riding after a
change?

And one last question........What tires are you running?

I am running Dunlop 207's and I tend to eat them up.

Thanks ya'll

Eric Wyer 2000 Red ST
"Pip Dawg"