Re: [ST] I am that person.....a couple of weeks later.......

On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 09:44:47AM -0500, eaw6885 wrote:
> I have been getting your e-mails for about a month now, but I have not
> had anything really important to say.

Welcome.

> back to the important stuff.  Arkansas kicks ass!!!!!  Highway 341
> heading north off of 14 is the best road I have found no questions.
> Clean pavement, plenty of turns, good hills, little or no traffic,
> and the majority of the turns are marked to help you judge your entry
> speed.  And to top it all off, most of the turns are very similar so
> once you set up for one, they all seem to fall into place.

Agreed, Arkansas kicks much ass.  341 is a beautiful road, and the
scenery of the Ozark National Forest is awesome, or so my wife told
me--I didn't get much chance to look up. :) And 341 just went on and on.

> Does any one have a Corbin seat?  How do they like it? Cost?
>
> I am 6'4" and weight about 250#.  On log rides the only thing that
> gets sore is my butt.  I tend to ride with a tank bag and lean over
> onto it putting weight on the front half of my heiney leaving it sore
> after 400-500 miles.

I'm 6'4 180#.  I have similar problems with the stock seat.  I talked to
another lister (dennis, you there?) and he swears by his Sargent seat.
I sat on his bike for a while and really liked the firmness of it.  I
will definitely be sending them mine to rebuild.

> I don't want to start a oil war so if all responses would please keep
> brands out of them and only state what weight of oil you use and your
> riding style please.

I use Mobil1 15w50 NON-DETERGENT, available at Autozone or Wally-world.

> Does anyone else's oil turn back as coal after 500 miles of riding
> after a change?

Pretty much, yeah.

> And one last question........What tires are you running?
>
> I am running Dunlop 207's and I tend to eat them up.

Yeah, they are soft.  My last set was 207's.  The rear was gone in 6k
miles, which I've heard is long-lived for that tire, completely square.
(replaced it with a 205) The front has 8k now and is still going.

Laters,
Brian
- --
'99 ST (black)