Re: [ST] Chains-n-Brakes

On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 09:32:50PM -0700, Tony B. wrote:
> I just posted RE the wolfe race can. But there is more. I just spoke
> to dealer and they quoted me $45 per caliper to replace the pads,
> I cannot figure out why it would be this much. Is there something
> special about replacing pads on this bike that would make it different
> than changing pads on any other disk brake setup? a trick or a rule
> that sets it apart? Also any whisdom on chain/sprocket replacement,
> anything here that would make it special or different from any other
> bike, the price of dealier install leads me to believe that there must
> be some special trick to installing it or they would not want $150
> for the labor. Thanks again to anyone who can shed some light on this
> seemingly disproportionate service/price ratio.
>
> Tony Burke 00 ST red 84 V30

Don't know about the pads, yet.  I've got new ones sitting in my garage,
just haven't gotten around to putting them on, but I can't imagine it's
that difficult.

Regarding the chain, I think you're getting taken to the cleaners.  I
had my chain replaced at LoneStar Triumph in Austin and the TOTAL cost
was US$140, labor was only $27 (I guess 1/2 hour).  Granted, I did not
get new sprockets.

Laters,
Brian
- --