Re: [ST] Re: NON-ST: Chains-n-Brakes-n-YZF's

John,

> As far as new bikes in stock trim it is the baddest motocross bike
> available. Same handling as YZ250 which is good, not twitchy thru
> acceleration bumps, not too hard to get it to turn/carve, doesn't want to
> swap ends on you at 60 mph like say a RM250. MXA made reference to the
> motor by calling the YZ426 'Hot Rod Lincoln'. Until you ride one you just
> can't imagine how powerful they are. Also, unlike its 2-stroke brethren
> 426's are shoulder-joint ripping strong from just above idle:-))
>
> The Honda CR450F might be better than the YZ in a few years but Yamaha has
> had this model in production for 5 years. They have spent the time well
> -  it's well sorted outta the box unlike the Honda. It is also faster than
> the Honda despite the displacement disadvantage.
>
> The KTM 520SX may be faster in a straight line but the YZ will do a faster
> lap. The KTM is heavier but has nicer components stock like bars, chain, etc.
>
> Also, the sound the YZ426F (even with stock muffler) makes will make your
> blood curdle. Ahem, wake the dead loud, racey loud not like 2-strokes or
> high pitched 18000 rpm F1 motors but thundering hell-on-meth loud.

Cool, this weekend I rode a ~90 Skuzoookie 250 2 smoke for about
1 hour all totaled, was cool. One of the gentlemen I work with
has two of them and let me ride one, his brother was there and
had a YZ426F, and you are right, sounded bad ass!

Could have riden it, but as it was I am wondering if I pushed
the top end of the 2 smoke I rode. By then end of the day it
sounded like a wrist pin was rattling a bit.

One the one hand, I have never owned a 2 smoke, on the other, I
know how to ride 4 strokes, and the bike did sound cool. And of
course power is good.

Any other dirt bikes worth looking at. I think I am going to get
one in the next couple of weeks.

I am going to have to get 2 pair of boots, I destroyed my street
boots, and I definetly want decent gear for off road as well.

I was thinking about getting either a Fat Boy, or a CBR954rr,
but I think, with the ST, a dirt bike will help me achieve the
most smiles for the $$$$

Anyone else in TX/OK/AR like to ride of road?

Any more advice is very much welcomed.

Thanks John,

Tom

ps. I am about 240 before I put on any gear, don't think a 125
will do me too well?