RE: [ST] Oil consumption poll request

Sorry to report that when I change the oil (Mobil 1 Synthetic) in my 2000
RS, the volume of oil I drain out at 6,000 miles very nearly completely
fills the container it came in. Therefore, I'd estimate my bike's engine
uses somewhere between 50 and 100cc's of oil in 6,000 miles.

However, some percentage of that may be attributed to the gaskets around the
RH (clutch) cover seem to weep a tiny bit. Only noticeable if I haven't
wshed the bike in over 1,000 miles, which is *very* rare.

My bike recently turned over 28,000 miles. My break-in procedure was 95% by
the book, with an occasional blip up beyond the recommended range, though
never near redline.

I'm wondering if those using SO MUCH oil have considered getting comression
checks? Also, has anyone looked at changing out the rather fussy little seal
on the inside of the LH cover? I had done that when my bike was low-sided
and I had to replace the badly scuffed original.

Damned good performance, I have no complaints!

Ken M.
'00 RS