[ST] Re: st-digest V2002 #320

In a message dated 6/6/02 9:58:47 PM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< The heated grips on my '01 ST have the same symptoms as yours -- left grip
> feels about half as warm as the right. I discovered the problem right away
> after buying it, so I had it in to the dealer who measured the temp on each
> side and found the left side 20 degrees F cooler. They replaced the left one
> under warranty, and it felt "about right" for a while, but within a month or
> two was lukewarm again. I have decided the Triumph hot grips are junk and
> decided to live with it, but certainly haven'y forgotten about it ~:(  I may
> look into replacing them this Fall, with a non-Triumph part. >>

Both heated grips on my '99 ST seem equally nice and warm with the switch on
high, but recently I have noticed no warmth at all with the switch on low-
have't done any diagnostic work yet, as I am fairly happy with the high
setting working all right. (formerly, the low setting worked fine, for about
a year after the installation) Dave Collins, San Diego