Re: [ST] summer gear?

At 9:55pm, Jun 10,  owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx Hath Written:

> From: "Frank Palocsay" <palocsay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [ST] summer gear?
>
> Hello All,
>
> After lurking for several months, I could use some advice.  My wife and
> I have Darien jackets and pants, but find them too hot for about town
> riding in the summer.  Do any of you have any experience with summer
> gear?  I think we'd like a light, vented (perfed?) jacket and some kind
> of light pants.  Both with armor.  Something we can get on quickly ride,
> and be able to shop in a fairly conservative area... Oh, Although Susan

A lot of folks, my wife included, like the Joe Rocket open mesh jackets
with armor.  They run $100 or so which makes them affordable.  I wear
a perf leather to commute, but I feel the heat going home.  Admittedly,
the JR is more comfortable in very high temps, but not as cool looking
as the leather.  I believe JR now as a pants version out now also.
Anectodal evidence here and elsewhere seems to indicate that the jackets
will protect you in a get off, but they're pretty much trashed after
a serious pavement surf.

> WE took the MSF course and she started on a Virago 535.  After a year
> she wanted a little more bike, but European, after looking at many
> bikes, Guizi's BMW's, Duc's, we got a 2000 Sprint ST.  Too big for her,

Good for you and good for you.

> any more as we have two dogs who can not be left over about 6 or 7
> hours.

Three big dogs at this time...the cats can get outside on their
own.  Just like me. <grin>

Kevin Liske
'99 Sprint in Black

The Not So Much Evil Really, As Just Generally Disagreeable Axis