RE: [ST] Triumph 100 Year Ride Across America

I'll be there for the kick-off party at Great Bay on Friday night, along
with a good number of New England Area fellow Triumph riders. If you're
taking the "sportrider" route which shop owner Don Jeka will be handing out,
you'll be following me, as it's the route I worked out on June 6th.

We're going to have 3 choices of printed routes for the first leg (From
North Hampton NH to Ridgeville CT) from which to choose. One will be the
fast but boring route of interstate slab, Another will give you some
interstate highways with some "A" road diversions. (That one will have a few
more places to choose from for stops/food.)

Lastly, (though we may actually hit the road first), is the sportriders who
will have about 30 miles of slab before we get to the "B" roads. I've had to
make some concessions to towns with some traffic in order to actually make
progress, but the route is also sprinkled liberally with some of
Massachusetts' and Connecticut's sweetest twisties. Hope some of the listers
here will enjoy that, I sure will.

Of course it must be said that everyone is welcome to create their own
route, as the only goal is to all get to the same place....eventually....and
in one piece. Crashing is strictly forbidden!

Look for me, I'll be on the 2000 Sprint RS, in Racing Yellow, with the big
Triumph tank bag, belly pan, and likely, my Sport Panniers to carry all my
kit. I'm 5'10" tall, 205lbs, black hair (with some gray, some gone), and
talk WAY TOO MUCH. Depending upon weather forecasts, I could be in Triumph
Cordura gear (the Sympatex Paddock Jacket and Frontiers pants) and black
Dainese Touring boots. If hot, I'll be in my beat up and extra-tight gray &
black perforated Vanson and First Gear Flightline pants with yellow & black
Sidi boots.

See you there!

Ken M.
'00 RS