[ST] Suspension setup / Odd engine behaviour

G'day Everyone,
        Well i seem to have finally cured the slight "wiggle" the bike was
doing occasionally when entering a corner (thanks for all the helpful
advice) I played with the adjustment on the rear suspension and found the
spring preload was way too soft, it was set at 12 clicks up from the softest
setting and i finally settled on 10 clicks back from the firmest setting,
which is a nice balance between handling and back ache. The wiggle was now
down to a "twitch" so i started playing with the front spring preload, it
was at the standard 10mm, it's now at 7.5mm, handling is now perfect and i'm
very impressed.
The engine on the other hand decided today that it wasn't going to idle! I
started it at work this afternoon and it just wouldn't idle, got me home ok,
ran well etc but would cut out going into corners. First thing i did was
check the archives where i found that a few other owners have had the same
problem, cured by simply turning the ignition off and on again. Tried that
and it seems to have worked. So has anyone worked out what causes this? I'm
assuming it's the computer as the ignition is probably resetting it? Can i
expect this sort of behaviour frequently? The embarrasing side to this was
that i'd just thrown down the gauntlet to my mate on his Hayabusa! I know i
didn't have a hope but this just made it worse.
By the way, i've finished modifying the seat and removed approx an inch of
foam from the front section, much more comfy!
Regards
Bill Wilkin
'99 ST   "Mary"
'53 DomiRacer  "Ruby"