Re: [ST] Track Day on the ST!

>I have the opportunity (aka green light from wife) to participate in a track
>day coming up soon.  Anybody ever take their ST into one of these?

In addition to the good bike advice already given:

If you do mount a new set of tires, be sure they are well scrubbed in
before the track day. If you have a fair amount of wear left, I would
go with what you already have on the bike since you're used to them.

Bring lots of water and be sure to drink it.

Be careful at the end of the day. 100 miles on the track is about
like 500 on the street. You're going to be drained and so is everyone
else.

I didn't find this necessary on the Sprint, but if you want to remove
the sidestand, extend it, stick a bunch of quarters in the springs
and then put the bike on the center stand to remove the sidestand. If
the suspension is set up properly and you ride smoothly, I don't
think you'll hit the sidestand.

Bring some baby or talcum powder for the seat. Makes it easier to
slide around if you're the type to hang off.

Use a new visor.

Have someone go with you so they can pry the smile off of your face
at the end of the day.
- --
Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://members.cox.net/aestheticdesign
'99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
'01 KLR650 - for exploring the North Coast backroads
'97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
'79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned