[ST] My Gawd --- My Roll-over valve is missing!

Lately (in the last 2 months) when I fill up with gas and I open the gas cap
there is a strong suction coming from the tank. When I got the bike a 2000
ST in Nov. 2001 I did not notice this vacuum. After I had about 5k miles on
it I started noticing it. I posted a question to the list and the consensus
was that the vent hose was pinched. Well I took the tank off and could not
find any pinched hoses but after
a couple of tanks of gas the vacuum disappeared, and was gone till about 10K
miles. Now its back. I had the tank off again, and I now have the Triumph
manual and on page 9.111 (for those who care to look) it shows a roll-over
valve in line with one of the connections to the tank. Mine does not have
this valve.
Oh I should point out this is a California bike with the emissions stuff on
it. On page 9.135 it also shows this valve in the line going to the tank.
When I disconnect this hose from the tank I can hear it sucking in air.
Think I should go get me a roll over valve? There is also a valve called a
"One way valve in this same line. Could it be installed backward? (I would
think that if it were it I would have
had this problem all along) . Any one got any ideas?
Al