Re: [ST] Tires, again

Eric Mann wrote:
> 1)  Is it possible or safe to plug a nail hole in a bike tire?  Is it in the
> tread, rigth between the tread blocks.

Yep, as long as it's in the middle third of the tire tread. Motorcycle
Consumer News did a review of tire pluggers in the March 2002 issue.
They gave best buys to the Progressive Suspension Kit TLPK
<http://www.progressivesuspension.com/> for a "repair-only" kit, and the
Stop & Go Automatic Tire Inflation Kit <http://www.stopngo.com/> for an
"inflation only" kit.

Recommended repair and inflation combo kits included the Progressive
Suspension Kit TRK-5 and TRK-2, the Stop & Go MC Tire Repair Kit #1035.
The recommended "repair only" kit was the Stop & Go Tire Plugger, while
the recommended "inflation only" kit was the Stop & Go MC Tire Pump.

I've been using a product called Ride-On <http://www.ride-on.com/>, a
gel that seals the tire from the inside and will fill a puncture without
significant air loss. I've been riding with a cut rear tire for ~6,000
miles with no loss in performance, and lost only a couple of PSI of air
when the tire was initially cut.
- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA