Clutch cable broke on '01 ST

Nothing like waiting until it's too late!
I've had the recall notice sitting on my desk for months now but for some
reason I thought my bike was impervious to any kind of breakdown!
Sure enough I started having problems shifting into gears yesterday then
parked the bike for an hour to run some errands and came back to a limp
clutch lever.  The cable had snapped right at the ball at the clutch lever
end.

I called Lynnwood (WA) Cycle Barn to see if my friend could pick up the new
cable so I could install it myself on the side of the road but they didn't
think they could charge the $40 cable back to Triumph if they didn't provide
the installation service themselves.
So I called Progressive to take advantage of my free tow service, then
waited down by the Lake Union waterfront on a gorgeous hot day and ate a
Salmon Burger at Daly's - Let's hope all of our breakdown's are this
relaxing!

I got to Cycle Barn near closing time (it's still light out at 9pm in the
Northwest during the summer) and they ended up letting me change the cable
myself for no cost anyway....
It was an extremely easy task except that I tried for awhile to do it
without removing the side body panel but no go - and the stock toolkit only
comes with one pair of pliers and you need two sets.  Thanks to the
Leatherman that I carry in my tank bag at all times.....

Moral of the story: Do as your mother told you and don't go out without a
clean pair of undies and a new clutch cable!
See you on the road!
Joni
'01 BRG ST
'96 F3