[ST] plugging tires

I have gotten my second nail in a rear tire in less than a year.   I have 2
questions:

1)  Is it possible or safe to plug a nail hole in a bike tire?  Is it in the
tread, right between the tread blocks.

2) If the answer to #1 is NO, then is the Bridgestone 010/020 the correction
combination for front rear?

And lastly, how about a little more input specifically on the Avon 35/36
versus the 010/020 tires.

Thanks,

Eric Mann

I have been plugging tires for over 20 years and never had a problem with
them. I'm the guy who will get a puncture within three weeks of buying a new
tire very consistently. I don't buy new tires every three weeks! I don't
recommend extended stays at over 100 mph with plugged tires, but otherwise I
find them quite satisfactory. You will get a lot of flak to the contrary,
but, like I said, I've never had a problem.
Bare