Re: [ST] Dealers, maintenance and a job not so well done.

Manuel Gonzalez wrote:

>The following is an example.  I discover that fuel is seeping from the
quick
>disconnect located on the fuel tank.  I take it into the dealer to have the

>fitting replaced and am assured that the repair has been made.  Not two
>weeks later Tom Emberson and I are synchronizing the throttle bodies on my
>bike and discover that my vent tube is crammed down amongst the fuel lines

Manuel, this sort of stuff is not confined to Triumph dealers.  I once took
my Suzuki GSX600F (Katana in the US?) for a service.  The cornering felt
strange afterwards and when I looked carefully, I found that the rear axle
bolt had not been properly tightened, so the chain tension had pulled the
axle squint in the double-sided swing arm.  Yikes.

The best way seems to be look for a good dealer that you can trust, build a
good relationship and be prepared to pay a bit more for things bought from
them, so that the dealer will still be there when you need their help.

Alternatively, learn to do it yourself - which has the big advantage that if
the bike breaks down one rainy night, you may be able to fix it yourself and
get home.

>I have more confidence in Tom,
>STeve and Brian working on my bike than any dealer.

When is the Emberson-Duncan Triumph dealership opening its doors then?
Sorry Brian, I don't know your last name or I'd have added it too!

Neil