[ST] maintenance 'stuff'

Anyone know of a good site/book/whatever for
how-to-type of things for performing a lot of the
preventative maintenance on our bikes (or any bike for
that matter)?

Things like oil, coolant, brake fluid etc are pretty
simple for someone who can turn a wrench or screw and
pour some liquid.  I'm more interested in something
like fork oil (never even SEEN it done),
chain/sprocket replacement (again, never even SEEN it
done).

I'm fairly mechaincally competent, but I want to know
a little about what I'm doing to my bike before I try,
that way I dont have to send it in for service and pay
a REALLY inflated bill because they spend time fixking
my screwups.