Re: [ST] Triumph Rumors: Daytona 1300, etc.

At 11:15 AM 6/19/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>should
>         also appear in a big supersport - perhaps, known as the Daytona
>         1300.

The new Yami 1200 or 1300 or whatever it is Sport Tourer doesn't do much
for me. The Triumph referenced above sounds pretty interesting to me BUT....

Really what I'd like is a ST with 15-20 more bhp that weigh 40-60# less.
And of course much improved suspenders. That would by my ideal mount. I
like the size of our bikes - those 1300's will be too ungainly for the
SPORT part of my ST riding.

This AM on the way to work, 2 lane hwy. came upon ~20 riders on CRUISERS
going about 50 in a 55. No, I'm not exaggerating (GPS). Of course I was
running late. But to pass that many fellow m/c'ers would have been bad
juju, IMHO (we are if nothing else POLITE here in the South) . DAMN, it was
killing me. Even cages run 65 on this road. I had 25 miles to go with
several good places to pass but of course I'd have been doing a buck thirty
by the time I got to the front of the pack. And who knows how much soot
that my wind blast would have knocked off those lawnmowers - considering
how long it takes those things to slow down it could have caused a huge
pile-up:-( ............I stayed put, got into formation with them.   PAT
PAT PAT , good motorcyclist!!

Apex Dawg.