[ST] Triumph weights

A while back someone---was it bare?---reported the actual
weights.
My guess is there will be a proportional discrepancy on the ST &
RS.

- - -Rick in Oregon

The latest Cycle World gives the ST a dry weight, this is just no gas, but
everything else in it, as 515 lbs, without bags. The RS weighs about 475
dry. The single sided swing arm and full fairing are the bulk of the weight
difference. Triumph's published weights are done by weighing all the
component parts and adding them together. Unfortunately they forget to put
fasteners, batteries and probably tires on the scale. Most other
manufacturers do the same thing. Just off the top of my head, for instance,
the 374 lb. Honda 929 weighs 406 assembled, with the fluids, etc in it. DO
NOT take the manufacturer's word on the weight of any bike. My rough
guesstimate is to add generally between 60-80 lbs to the manufacturer's
weight to get the bikes weight fully fueled. After you've looked at a few,
you figure out who needs the 60 and who needs the 80.
Bare