[ST] TAA - Iowa

Well, the fiancee and I went to the TAA stop in Marne, IA at Baxter Cycle on
Sunday.  First time I had been to that shop and found some decent roads (at
least for Iowa) to enjoy on the 4 1/2 hour round trip ride.  There were some
really nice rides there - ST, RS, Daytona, Bonneville (new and old),
Thunderbirds, Legends, etc.  Just about anything you would want to see (and
lots I had never seen before).  And Baxter Cycle has a HUGE inventory or
restored and original old bikes - Triumph, BSA, Norton, etc.  If I was
financially well to do, there are a number of bikes back there I would put
in a bike collection - including one '64 Bonneville.

Other than that, nothing to specially.  Got lots of pictures, including one
of the VERY cool Triumph birthday cake.  Also, overhead that one of the
people on the ride decided to try diesel fuel in his bike.  Obviously that
didn't work.  Guess they put his bike on the service truck and gave him an
'02 Sprint ST to ride.  And then heard that their brand new service truck
broke down.  That would suck.

Saw a couple of Spring STs that were from Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Kansas,
and Missouri.  People from all over and all walks of life with one thing in
common - Triumph bikes.

And lastly, we won something in the raffle - Progressive Suspension, Inc
progressive rate fork springs.  Do they even make these for the ST?  I was
really planning on doing the Race Tech springs and emulator upgrade someday,
especially since I weigh in at around 230 pounds.  Just curious if anyone
has ever looked into the Progressive Suspension pieces?

Well, good luck to all those that are riding on this and I would recommend
hooking up with them at any stopping point along the way.  I was well worth
the time, plus the ride there and back was quite nice.

Eric Mann
eric91z@xxxxxxxxx
'91 Camaro Z28
'01 Triumph Sprint ST