[ST] gen mars and throttle cable problems

Hi y'all,

I've had this annoying problem ever since I installed the genmar risers.  At
full lock right, engine rpm climbs from idle to about 2500. This has become
quite an irritant to me and my buddies when turning around or parking.  I've
also noticed the plastic around the throttle cable assy. has broken.  Does
not seem to be affecting the problem but gives me the ability to see the
cable being pulled slightly.  I've checked the routing and it's going in
front of the triple clamps to a guide bracket and then into the engine.  Is
this correct?

Also on a similar subject, has anyone concidered replacing the single cable
with the dual cable like on the new Sprints? Seems there's a reason why they
changed to this system and I like the dual cable better...for nothing more
than peace of mind.

TIA

John
Austin