Re: [ST] Re: RaceTech, Ohlins, and LA Freeways...

James Wright wrote:
> maybe just take a ride up north if Jim Lindeman is
> still in business

Jim is still in business.  He does do good work.  He did my TDM front
end, and the valving work was GREAT.  other than replacing fork oil, the
front end has been great for about 40 000 miles (about time for new
springs) now.

I would also suggest phil douglas of aftershocks suspension (in mountain
view CA -- SF area).   http://www.aftershocks-suspension.com/index.htm
I will be taking my ST front end and shock there eventually

required disclaimer -- phil has done my race bike suspension for 3
years....  so, I might be biased.

- --chuck
02 ST

- ------ ***** important correction ***** ------
ps. Charlie McCullough and all--  I did get things backwards on the sag
setup with rider.

street sag is best set at 33% of full travel.
race sag should be heading closer to 25%-28% of travel.

don't forget to put a zip tie on one of your fork legs!

my apologies to the list for potentially misleading anyone.  I strongly
suggest you ignore all of us internet suspension wizards and you read
either john robinison's book on motorcycle chassis tuning or bradley's
book on motorcycle construction.

Not to self:  I have _no_ business writing email before noon.