Re: [ST] Skyking Frame Sliders

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 09:45:21PM -0800, Matt Knowles wrote:
> So does that mean they've been thoroughly tested? From the picture
> it doesn't look like the slider sticks out enough to protect much. I
> don't get the point of frame sliders. They cost money, they add
> weight, they're not the most beautiful accessory you can stick on
> a bike. Plus, if you happen to actually use them and they end up
> working, it's the insurance company's money that you're saving. Do
> they give you a discount for installing them?

On my black ST I have the Mokus, and they don't show much at all.
Another plus for black.  :)

They cost way less than one fairing piece.  If I ever have to use them,
I figure they'd pay for themselves (yes, I admit, assuming they work).

I guess weight might be an issue, but for me, the 10-20 pounds doesn't
matter.  I didn't notice that the bike was any slower after I installed
them. :)

Not everyone has full coverage on their bike.  I do right now, since i
had a loan when I first bought the bike, but I paid it off and will be
dropping down to liability only when I renew in May.  Still, even with
full coverage, I'd rather have the slider possibly save the bike and not
have to report anything, rather than risk a claim that might make my
rates jump.

In a way, I suppose they *are* insurance.

Laters,
Brian
- --
'99 ST (black)