RE: [ST] sliders, my take on 'em.

Seems to me that there is general agreement that sliders can't and won't
fully protect fairings. This means that even in low speed drops you're
looking at at least repairing gouges and repainting bits with or without
sliders. I believe that it is almost as economical to replace a fairing
piece as it is to repaint it.

In higher speed crashes, the fairing is the least of your worries. I don't
see sliders helping to save your frame or forks. With or without sliders,
you're looking at replacing the bike.

This leaves the space for your legs sliders provide during crashes as the
possible justification for their cost. Maybe that's a good thing. I always
thought that the best thing is to get away from the 500 pound tumbling bone
crusher and slide by yourself.

I suppose if you're involved in a low-side, and you stay on the bike, and
you slide on the pavement without hitting any barrier or curbs, then you'd
be glad you bought the sliders instead of taking the wife out for a nice
dinner.

That's my logic, anyway. Feel free to shoot holes in it.

Chris "Snow Dawg" Strizver

Where the clouds moved back in and graciously dumped 6 inches of new snow on
the mountain last night. I LOVE this place!