[ST] RE: st-digest V2002 #133

Sorry for the OT post.  I guess maybe it is relevant in that this is
going to cut into Sprint sales, I betcha:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products/products.asp?lid=2&lc=mcy&rdir=1

Looks pretty sweet.  Saddlebags come standard as well as a luggage rack,
and the adjustable windshield looks very handy.  Only available in
silver here for this year, but has shaft drive and 145hp.

Triumph content:  Triumph could learn a lot from looking at Yamaha's
website.  It's clear, doesn't have the stupid dropdown menus (pet peeve
of mine, they never load right on non-IE for non-windows browsers, loads
fast, has cool quicktime VR stuff (I kept playing with the windshield
up/down movies), and has a TON of pictures in the picture gallery.  On
Triumphs's Photo Gallery for the ST, there's 6 photos.  For the FJR,
Yamaha has 48!

Laters,
Brian

It may get some Triumph sales, but it won't be mine. Too tall, too heavy for
me. THat thing is going to weigh well over 600 lbs full of gas. Nice looking
bike, though, but more in the category of an ST 1100/1300 than a Sprint.
This thing is a touring bike, not a sport-tourer.
Bare