[ST] New Uploads, Disappointment, & Eye Candy

I posted a couple of photos of Triumph's from 2002 Bike Week in Daytona, FL.
The digital camera was borrowed so they may not be the greatest pictures.
One's of the new 4 banger and I think the other's a Bonneville.

Now for the disappointment.  I went there specifically because I was under
the impression that a RAT group was going to do a dinner ride to a British
Pub in St. Augustine.  Turns out that RAT Pack decided last minute not to do
it for whatever reason.  I was actually looking forward to some family like
fun like I experienced in my Gold Winging days in Georgia with my local
GWRRA Chapter "S".

Seems to me that RAT isn't real organized, at least from what I experienced.
I purchased my Sprint RS in May 01 and never got a RAT membership.  Finally
this January I called Newnan, GA to find out what's up, and I wasn't even in
the system so I at least got a new membership that expires June 03.

I was also disappointed with the Triumph presence, the site esthetics, and
the representatives.  In my opinion, Honda won hands down with their site,
presentation, and friendly representatives.  Suzuki came in a close second,
followed by Yamaha, then everyone else.  I'm no business expert, but it
seems that if one wants market share one needs to kiss the @ss of the
consumer and bend over backwards to impress them and sell them on your
product.  Honda was good, their setup was good and they had friendly
knowledgable people there to answer all kinds of questions technical and
stupid.  They did an exce;lent job of selling themselves and their product
(2 wheeled, 4 wheeled, watercraft, etc.).

Beside my small disappointment, it was still enjoyable.  To my surprise
there were quite a few women on their own steed's.  Hog's and others.  A
couple of knock-out blondes with killer bods on GSXR's, GOOD FOR THEM.
Would have really blew me away if they wheelied.  Wish I had my camera ready
for that picture.  I enjoy seeing more women riding, it's good for the
sport.

Also, TWO THUMBS UP for Orange County Triumph in Santa Anna CA.  They FedX'd
a new clutch cable, over night, to me that made my trip possible.  Now
that's what I call customer service.  I wish I had a dealer like that near
me.  I will gladly use them again any time I have a hard time finding a part
locally.  You all out there in CA have a great dealer there

Sign Up for NetZero Platinum Today
Only $9.95 per month!