Re: [ST] headlight bulbs (again)

Ben Snyder wrote:

 > OK, I searched the archives and was unable to find model/part
 > numbers for the 'blue' or 'bright white' headlight bulbs.

Dig a little deeper and you will find "Philips Vision Plus H4"

 > I was able to gleen from the archives that there are bulbs for the
 > 'third eye' as well for the main headlamp.  I'm only fishing for the
'third eye' model/part number, as I'm sure I can find
 > one for the others.

And digging even further: "Philips Blue Vision Sidelights W5W"

I ordered my H4's from www.powerbulbs.com and they sent a free pair of
W5W's. Shipping from the UK to the USA took only a week.

 > Also, how much of a pain in the !@# is it to change
 > the 'third eye' bulb?

Not bad at all.

 > So...can anyone help me out?

Oh, all right. I guess I will. I don't know how anyone else did it. I
removed my windscreen, pushed down on the black plastic above the third
eye with one hand, turned the lamp holder with the other hand, pulled it
out and replaced the lamp. Watch out for the two thin wire going into
the reflector. They are for the alarm's LED. Supposedly they are
extremely brittle.

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the
death, your right to say it.
             -- Voltaire

I agree with everything you say, but I would attack to the death your
right to say it.
             -- Tom Stoppard