Re: gear for tall riders?(Re: [ST] Joe Rocket Phoenix Pants)

>If
>it's too hot for perf leather, it's too hot for riding
>IMO.
>
>Randy
>'00 RS

You obviously don't live in Texas, Randy, my friend.  When it's over 100f I
still want to ride (that's a lot of the time down here) and my perf leather
IS too hot.  Being overheated while riding is a BAD THING <tm>.  And is very
likely to cause bad judgement.  Sure the Phoenix and many copcats don't
provide the level of protection of leather.  It's a calculated risk, just
like riding a motorcycle.  But these products DO offer a level of protection
that is far above the "perception" when looking at them.  I have always been
a (calculated) risk taker, this is one I've decided that the upside (cool
head, good judgment), outweighs the downside (ouch).  YMMV  :]

Plus, I did replace all of the armor with Bohn "CE" certified pads,
including back armor.  Now I have the pants as well (with Bohn kneepads
inserted) so the two pieces zip together adding another level of safety,
from jacket "roll-up".

STeve Duncan
"Loco Dawg"
'00 Sprint-ST, Black as Nite