[ST] Imaginary Digest

> Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 10:27:10 -0800
> From: "Glen Streater" <gsoz@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [ST] Greetings
>
> Hi all,
> ... I've
> heard nothing but great things about the Triumphs (see Motorcycle Consumer
> News latest issue) and thought I would lurk awhile on this list just to see
> if everything I've heard is true....

Glen,

I hate to be the one to break the news, and I really shouldn't be saying this, so
please don't tell anyone - but there is no ST-Digest list.  Just me, a little
programmer hidden in the basement of Triumph, Ltd., typing up all these imaginary
messages to give the impression that everyone is satisfied with their bikes.
Marketing department said I could come upstairs if things went well, so I hope to
get out soon.  You can tell it is a bored programmer writing all the messages -
after running out of exciting ideas and exhausting my practical knowledge, all I can
do lately is write about colors, which are faster or slower, and then I found an old
Scientific American article on particle physics and relativity and all, so I thought
I would throw that in for fun.  I need help - I am running out of original ideas!
Perhaps, if they let me out of the basement, I can actually ride, and figure out
some new things to say.

Well, back to work on some more messages.  Let's see - the windscreen thread hasn't
been used in a while - let me work on that.

Rick the Triumph