[ST] Running on LRP

Hi All,

Here in Australia, there are a lot of towns that don't have Premium Unleaded
(PULP) available, so on many rides we are left with the choice of standard
ULP (UnLeaded Petrol) or LRP (Lead Replacement Petrol). LRP as the name
implies is the replacement for the old leaded 'super' petrol. Since ULP has
a low octane rating I have been reluctant to use it. When I first bought the
Sprint, gas stations still had leaded available and the mechanic at Triumph
said that it was ok to run the bike on leaded. When leaded was phased out
and replaced with LRP, I continued to fill the bike with LRP whenever PULP
wasn't available. This weekend I went for a ride with a friend (who also has
an ST) and he told me that running on LRP can damage/clog the injectors and
that I should use ULP instead. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas on
this? Has anyone heard that LRP damages injectors or any other part of the
engine?

cheers, Grant