Re: [ST] a short intro and a few questions-long

A very big thanks to all that replied to my inquiry!
It is good that Triumph is continuing to refine the T5.
It's good to hear that the SAGEM fuel management
system is still in place. I do find it interesting that the
closed loop 02 sensor thing-a-mabob is perceived
as a problem rather than a subsystem to be
taken advantage of with after market chips, programming
or power commander.
Off course, this product line is all new to me, but the idea
of a EFI bike is attractive from the tuning aspect.
I've had my hands in more Mikuni RS and CV carbs than
I care to enumerate. And the idea of laptop to tune with
would be a real plus. I realize that the 2002 Sprint ST could
hardly be labeled a sportbike, but at close to 100 rwhp with
a strong dose of torque, neither could the 02 ST be tagged
as a land barge. I would take some interest in optimizing
the power delivery, as well as working with suspension
tuning for the ST.

I currently run my Bandit 748 in two distinct states of tune.
I switch between a "stealth" mode with
a quiet pipe or a Yosh cannister for acting like a jerk. ;-)
It would be great to sort out a similar MO with a new bike.
Quiet Touring Mode and Two Brothers Two Lane Shred Mode.
Don't get me wrong, I hate loud pipes. But it would be a shame to
mute that triple.

It's time for me to retire the Bandit to track days and move on
to something with class, unique engineering and that is comfortable
for the long haul. The Sprint ST could be the bike for me.
I have yet to test ride one.
There is a rental company here in Atlanta that will do a full day
on an ST for $140 or so. I will probably take that route to determine
whether or not I can get comfortable with the bike.

Once again, thanks for all the helpful comments, you guys are great
and I hope to be around for a while.

peace,
lloyd