Re: Turbo price...was:RE: [ST] a short intro and a few questions-long

Simply because it CAN be done.  I had more in mods
than I paid for my '99 Speed Triple when I bought it,
and I only had the stage one turbo on her.

You are talking about a lot of engineering for a very,
very small production run - that makes any mods like
this expensive as heck.  Your paying a lot for Brian's
time and expertise, period.

OTOH, I didn't have any more money in my Speed Triple
than my buddy did in his Hayabusa (bought new, with
HMF full high twin exhaust, minor mods like the
snorkelectomy, and a custom paint job) -- and I could
walk away from him anywhere under 100-110 MPH.
Aerodynamics caught up at that speed, and truth be
told, naked bikes aren't meant to go 180 MPH. Fifth
gear power wheelies past my other buddies 916 (mock
Senna edition) were all the argument I needed.

So, it just depends what you like.  Imagine this --
the cost of raising twins in upper middle class
surroundings from birth to 18 years averages something
like $450,000 - and that's before college.  I'm single
(my fiancée left me to become a lesbian) - so why the
heck not?

Steve in Ohio

- --- "Strizver, Chris L" <chris.l.strizver@xxxxxxxxx>