[ST] DIY 12K Maintenance Question

I hate to bring this up again, as we discussed it a couple months ago.  I
tried a search of the archives but I can't find the info I'm looking for.

I am going to do the 12K maintenance on my 2001 Sprint ST sometime over the
next 2-3 weeks.  I'm fine with the valve check and/or adjustment.  I know I
can't do the CO2 adjustment, but I'm not worried about that.  I've only had
the bike cut out once on me.

My questions are regarding the throttle synch.  For those of you who have
done this:

1. Were you able to prop up the tank somehow and have access to the
adjusters on the throttle bodies, or did you have to rig something up to
have the tank out of the bike?

2. I remember something about the Engine light after you're done.  Is it
true that it takes 3 heat cycles to make the light turn off after you're
done?

Any other hints or tips would be appreciated.  I know it's not a difficult
job - none of this is really that difficult if you take your time - but I'm
looking for those little hints that will not be learned alone until after
the job has been completed.  Please share.  :-)  Thanks

Tad Gralewski   tad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
01 Triumph Sprint ST - Allison
95 ST1100 - STress-Reliever  STOC #1539
77 GS750 - The Blue Dolphin
93 CBR1000F - The Black Whale - R.I.P. (rebuild in progress)
http://tad.gralewski.com
The best things in life that you find are
those things you never went looking for. - RTG

End of st-digest V2002 #148