British USA Houston

I can relate to having a broken tab on a fairing panel.  After having my bike
for over 3 weeks for a computer harness problem, I noticed while I was
picking up the bike from Brit USA that the panel behind the knee area was
loose.  Upon inspection, I found the tab behind that area broken- the broken
tab was under my bike at their shop.  Bill in Service at Brit USA promised to
order a new panel and for a couple weeks he claimed it was en route.  I
discovered when I called again he had quit British USA and the new guy says
the panel was never ordered.  To make matters worse, he wants me to bring the
bike back to them so he can verify the damage.  Its a 45 minute trip through
urban traffic one way.  In essence after damaging my bike while repairing it,
lying to me about ordering the replacement part, they now insinuate that I am
lying about the damage.  Furthermore, when I did pick up my bike, they had
many charges listed twice on the invoice (ie they charged for the complete
24000 mile service and again for labor for items included on that service)
which I had to go through and correct.  While I still love my 2000 Sprint ST,
I would hesitate to buy another Triumph based on the dealer support in
Houston.  Recently, Triumph has lost a dealership on the West side of
Houston, Lyle Lovett Motorsports cancelled with them, Motorcycle Mania on the
Northside of Houston went under, and the last remaining dealership in
Houston, British USA, is overpriced, far away, and dishonest.  Sorry to vent,
but the situation here seems to be deteriating and as a result I find my
self, happy with my Triumph, unable to recomend buying one here in Houston,
Texas.

Rick Paukert
HSTA South Texas State Director
TSRA Founding Member 'Horn Dawg'