Re: [ST] New file uploaded

In a message dated 3/13/02 4:46:37 PM Pacific Standard Time,
matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I say leave them all off. After I repainted my '83 Vision
>  (http://members.cox.net/aestheticdesign/vision83.html) I left all the
>  stickers off and even went so far as grinding and polishing the
>  YAMAHA off of the engine, the grab rail, the master cylinder cover,
>  etc. The only place where it said YAMAHA on the bike was the wheels,
>  but you had to look real close. Since the Vision was kind of unique
>  any ways, the lack of identification had a lot of people scratching
>  their heads wondering just what they were looking at.

I had an '83 Vision, found one of the best handling mods I made to it was to
purchase a tapered roller bearing kit for the steering head to replace the
stock ball bearings. Got mine from Spec ll. I think the kit for the RD400
Yamaha fits. This also cured a constant wiggle in the bars when slowing.
Doug