Re: [ST] Triumph Fire

Eric Sheley wrote:

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/england/newsid_1876000/1876342.stm

Sad news indeed. What really made me pause was the last sentence in the
article:
"The company recently announced it was considering moving production
abroad."

Ken Mitchell wrote:
 > That is devastating news! I'm glad no one was seriously injured, but it
 > appears that Triumph's weakness, parts availability, will be worse
than it
 > was for a while.

Maybe not. According to the article "The plant's assembly area was
destroyed in the fire." Without any assembly going on, there may be an
abundance of parts available.

The optimist in me says that the Phoenix will rise from the ashes once
again. I have faith, albeit in the motorcycle gods, that the company
will continue. Hopefully not in Malaysia or some other developing
country. I would hate to see Triumph end up like Royal Enfield.

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
             -- Walter Bagehot