[ST] RE: st-digest V2002 #155

I would hate to see Triumph end up like Royal Enfield.

Royal Enfield and the Indian version had no relationship, other than RE
selling India the rights and obsolete tooling to manufacture the bike. RE
did not own the Indian company. RE's bikes were still produced in England.
But what can you say? The Indian outfit is alive and well---Where is the
British company? Since Triumph is thinking moving parts production to
Thailand for parts they currently farm out (to Asia, I'm sure), they should
be able to control quality much better than is currently done.
Or, I hope this wasn't a case of the insurance papers and liens rubbing
together, making sparks!
Bare