[ST] Browser (Non-ST) was (Upload not working?)

Sean Baumann wrote:
> You're a little out of date with your IE version.

 > Robert Smith wrote:

>>I have ADSL and I'm using MIE v.5.00. The page says "done."
>>
>>So I right-clicked on the invisible "image", saved "it" and opened "it"
>>with Photoshop. Can see it fine now.
>>
>>A ghost in the machine. Weird. Must be a Bill thing.

<geek mode>
MSIE 5 should work just fine. It is not THAT far out of date. Maybe he
just needs to check his settings. Not being a user if MSIE I wouldn't
know. I believe the makers of the BSOD call it "Internet Options."

Personally, I would shy away from MSIE and Outlook. They are constantly
being attacked by viruses and such. I currently use Netscape 6.2.1 it
still has some bugs (we're not talking MS type security bugs) but a new
release is due out soon. The down side is viewing pages that are
designed with FrontPage or other MS crap. Their stuff has a tendency to
put MS proprietary code into the HTML. Those pages will intentionally
not render on other browsers.

I highly recommend Mozilla, currently in release .9.9, which has a
feature where you can kill pop-up windows and plenty of customizable
skins available. Mozilla and Netscape 6.x are based on the Gecko viewer
Mozilla, like Linux, is open source (you know, the stuff that MS is so
deathly afraid of). Updates are available daily

Another option definitely worth checking out is Opera. It has an
interesting feature that allows you to switch which browser it will
identify itself as. This is great for viewing the aforementioned pages.
I haven't played around with it enough but I did like what I saw so far.
Unlike the other browsers, Opera is shareware. The free version has an
annoying banner plastered at the top.

</geek mode>

I find it very amusing that here, on this list where we are Triumph
riders, we made our riding choices, to an extent, to not be like all
those other HD and HonKawYamaZuki riders, yet some of us chose to stick
with the browser that came preinstalled on their machines. ;-)

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
             -- Walter Bagehot