Re: [ST] Top Plate Conversion for Givi Box

At 03:57 PM 20/03/02 -0800, George wrote:
>Has anyone installed the "Top Plate Conversion For
>Givi Box" (Part#A9500012) with a triumph top rack on
>their ST/RS?

Yes. I bought the Givi adapter plate and fitted it on Old Shep's Triumph
rack p/n A9508014.

>I'm having a very difficult time locating one, even
>through a dealer.  It looks like Lilly (UK) has some
>in stock but quite pricy for shipping overseas and If
>I order one from them I'd like to know for sure they
>fit the triumph top rack (And not some older version
>of it).

I bought mine from Lilley. The landed cost here was still less than I could
buy it locally, even though JL uses what must be the most expensive (though
fast and efficient) shippers in existence. Remember that you save 17.5% VAT
by mail ordering.

Mine fit just fine, if a little crudely. The adapter plate (especially the
mounting bracket system) isn't very sophisticated, and I would guess just
about any off-the-shelf Givi adapter plate would fit the Triumph rack with
the right fastening hardware.

Works fine with my 50L Givi Maxia. Snap on, snap off. No muss, no fuss.

Sheep Dawg & Old Shep
Vancouver, BC
www.smith.bc.ca