Re: [ST] Re: LA Insurance Rates

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Wes Kendall wrote:

>   IMHO, you will usually find the lowest price through Progressive, but
> they will consistently raise your rates every year.  They will also

My experience is simular, I am going to have to change as well. Did not
notice the charges, but then again, every state has its own
rules/laws/pay offs and such.

When I went from the 6e to ST I questioned that lack of rate change as I
went from a sport bike to a touring bike, they said that was the best
they could do. I am paying about $900/yr, full coverage, clean in the
states for the last 3.5 years.  (well clean for the last 6 or 7 years
for that matter, but the insurance industry in the states seem to ignore
ther existance of Canada, when I moved down here they all said driving
experience in Canada, don't you drive on the left over there :-)

Anyway, from what I can tell progressive's attitude is, well you paid
the premium last year, why wouldn't you this year. So far I've been
lazy, but the car and truck come due in May (11 th to be exact) and I am
thinking about switching them to State farm and such, and will probably
take the bike as well. And if they want the renters they can have that
as well if the price is right. I just want one check to write every 6
months for all my insurance, and I will be happy. Of course assuming I
will am getting a good/reasonable deal.

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 10 months old, 15,700 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500