RE: [ST] Oil filters, etc

NEVER use Fram oil filters on anything you like. There is a very good reason
they are inexpensive, they're made of inferior materials. I found a display
in my local auto parts store that had the Fram cut open, next to a "better
brand", and the difference was quite obvious. Thinner media with far fewer
folds, which means a lot less surface area of filtration.

Consider this: If you use the best (recommended) synthetic oil, and follow
the guideline of changing it at 6,000 mile intervals, paying twice as much
for the oil and the filter is a wash, because you're not changing the oil &
filter at 3,000 mile intervals.

Now I know that starts another "oil thread", but I'll go on record pointing
out that these are the Triumph recommendations, and my warranty was always
good following it. With over 24K miles, it still doesn't burn a drop, and
the oil looks (very nearly) the same color coming out as it did going in.

There will be arguments that "I've used Fram for years without any
problems". Fine..go ahead and do as you please. For MY peace of mind, I buy
the more expensive stuff and don't wonder. I figure I blow more than that
difference on ONE good cigar or a couple of lottery tickets, so it's false
ecomonics to cheap out over something like that. YMMV

Ken M.
2000 RS