[ST] Re: st-digest V2002 #176

> i got over my gun thing when i moved onto scuba diving and Bikes, come to
think of it i'm not sure which is more dangerous!

No contest.  About the only thing safer than the shooting sports is staying
in bed.  Triumph riding, swimming, boating, skiing, roller blades, just
about everything has a higher death/accident rate.  I don't have the stats
to back this one up, but I'll bet more folks die from heart attacks during
sex than in hunting accidents every year.  Think I'll stick with both.

The media frenzy about guns notwithstanding, they do more good than harm.
As an example, the only way they can quote the "horrible death toll" due to
firearms is to use suicides, those shot by citizens in defense and all those
shot by the police in line of duty.  The US has a LOWER suicide rate than
Japan and most European countries.

Besides, I can't imagine defending the homestead by swinging a SCUBA tank.
Now, a Kimber 1911 CDP II in .45 ACP...that would work.

Pardon the rant, but when you know the facts, it's annoying to read the
half-truths and outright lies about firearms.

Andy Kay
Hunter Education Instructor, FL, NRA Certified Instructor,
King, Riders of the Lost Empire,  "Duck Dawg"