[ST] New Lister (I Also Need So. Cal Dealer/Servicve Advice)

Hello, all!

I was told by a friend that the ST list was the best place to find general
and specific Triumph info -- even though I recently bought a 2000 Speed
Triple. She's a brilliant bike, a beast of a torque factory as I needn't
tell anyone here. Bought her from a fellow in Santa Barbara, California who,
in 18 months, had only put 640 miles on her; he was a Harley rider who
admitted that the S3 scared the dookie out of him. So I got a good deal on
my black beauty and have been having a blast doubling the previous mileage
over the last 2 weeks. However --

I went to the "Whiskey" on the "world famous"<s> Sunset Strip the other
night and when I came out there was a puddle of coolant under the bike. I
was able to safely ride the 10 minutes home to suss out that the freaking
radiator had sprung a leak in one of the coils and was spitting back onto
the pipes, the engine case, et al. Is this at all a common defect???

Anyway, I have to take the bike in for warranty service and need some
opinions of my "local" dealers' service departments. I was told by a riding
buddy to ONLY use Jeremy at "Southern California Triumph" in Brea. I already
have and thought he was great. (The previous owner had let the battery
discharge too far so the EMS light had popped on reading low voltage.) The
only problem with going to Jeremy was that it took almost an hour to slab it
down there and another hour back on the f'ing Freeways for, literally, a 30
second fix. Though I believe that Jeremy is the cat's meow, I'd like to find
somewhere closer to home to which to take the bike.

I live in Studio City and here are the closest dealers to me:

Temple City Powersports

San Gabriel

Triumph of Los Angeles (L.A. Cycle Sports)

Inglewood

Saugus Suzuki-Kawasaki-Triumph

Saugus

Simi Valley Cycles, Inc.

Simi Valley

Any and all opinions -- especially concerning a shop's track record at
getting warranty work covered by the Factory -- is welcome. Either list it
(I have been lurking for a week) or, if you don't want your loathing of a
certain shop to be public -- e-me privately.

tia,

CJ Green

Studio City, California

2000 Triumph Speed Triple

1976 Moto Guzzi 850 T3 LAPD

1973 Honda XL350 Dualsport (undergoing massive reconstructive surgery)