Re: [ST] New file uploaded

Wow! that was real informative. I rode a SS1000 just a year and two days ago
and still remember every minute of the trip. Reading the log of the BBG3000
brought back the memories. Two subjects stood out strong for me, getting
cold and fatigue. I don't have any electric clothing and I became very
chilled just past the half way point of my ride. I added clothing, but it
was not enough. That in its self became a factor in the building fatigue I
encountered. The last 250 miles of my ride I became very fatigued and felt
the symptoms he referred to such as the inability to maintain a constant
speed and diminishing depth perception. At one hundred miles from home I
think I encountered hypothermia, I had stopped at a gas station and had to
wait to refuel because their pumps were temporarily down for some sort of
day change over process and they gave me a cup of coffee which I could not
hold without spilling it all over my hands. I was shaking uncontrollably. I
thought I was through for the night when I found another garment to put on,
a hood sock from my racing suit. I found that I was also missing the heat of
the Sprints engine and once I was on my way, I actually began to warm up. I
eventually became comfortable with my body temp but fatigue remained a
dangerous component. I was inexperienced and lucky, I made it home and
finished the 1000 miles in seventeen hours. I could have easily stopped for
a rest and should have once I knew I could make the miles within the time
frame. I am looking forward to riding another long distance ride, maybe a
BBG. This time I will plan the rest stops.
Mike Benzon
Red ST
Burney CA