Re: Subject: [ST] chain/centerstand

Steve,

I had the exact same thing happen to me last fall when I had a local
mechanic (not a dealer) install a new set of sprockets and new chain (you
will also notice the bike botteming out on rough surfacing and metal scaping
here and there--its the chain agains all the surfaces that normally are not
within its reach).

Didn't figure it out until I brought my bike into spoke a dealer for other
work; he informed me that the concentric adjustor was completely turned out
(or was it in?).

Anyhow, pretty sure all you have to to fix this is loosen your chain
adjustment screw and use the spanner wrench that comes with your tool kit to
return the bike to the its proper geometry (check your manual). I think you
have to make sure you remove the chain first while you do the adjustment,
then put the chain back on and re-adjust for proper tension.

Jay

>Hi, I need a little help ,took the S/T to the dealer for a new >chain ,on
>the way back home stopped to fuel it and the bike wont go up >on the
>centerstand....called dealer they said something about having >to adjust
>the rear sprocket and this adjusted the concentric(?) which >lowered the
>bike

       Steve,Viper Dawg