Re: [ST] Tank Removal Procedures

I've gotta speak up on this overall topic.  I first messed with the fittings
and o-rings while traveling thru Colorado, and not in a gentile state of
mind.  I did ruin an o-ring in the process but the fittings were not a
problem.  I want to be clear on this, I do not believe they are that fragile
if handled correctly.

I would also strongly advise against getting just any o-ring that fits for
this application.  The swelling of non-gas resistant o-rings is a real
problem in my mind because once they've swelled they may deteriorate, then
fail.  LP and a number of other aftermarket vendors sell o-rings for their
quick disconnect systems by the bag of 5, I would invest in those.  There
are 2 standard sizes, unfortunatly I can't remember which one is used on the
Triumph.  I think it was the smaller of the two.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
<<
On Wed, 1 May 2002, Paul R. Wisner wrote:

> OK, tell us more.  What brand?  Part Number?  Was the piece exactly the
same
> and rated for heat and pressurized gasoline?  I'm getting ready to work on
> mine and this would be handy.

Agreed, this is important info to have esp. if replacements are readily
available and less than $70!  As problematic as I've read these parts can
be,  I too would like to have replacements on hand.

Another solution would be to upgrade to more sturdy parts, has anyone done
that?