[ST] Wolf Racing Carbon Oval Exhaust

Well it finally arrived today - my new carbon exhaust - 2 weeks later
than I was originally told and several phone calls later.

Anyway the quality seems very good. It took me about an hour to fit. I
had to fiddle about with the clamp band around the silencer a little as
it wasn't naturally oval. I think it looks good on the bike - you can
judge for your selves from the pictures I posted.

When I started the bike up I grinned from ear to ear. It makes a lovely
deep burbling sound. I was worried that it might be a bit loud though.

I took it out for a ride and went through town to see if many heads
turned because of the noise but no one I saw reacted at all. It is
definitely a lot louder than the stock pipes around middle revs 4000 -
6000 in low gears. I think I will be more inclined to wear E plugs from
now on. When I got out of town and I got the bike up above 70 mph the
wind noise started to become louder than the exhaust.

I spotted a couple of bikers in a garage near Cirencester and one had an
RS like mine so I turned around to say hello. They said the exhaust
wasn't too loud. We got to talking about chains and sprockets and they
recommended a place in Witney called Witney Tyres - does anyone know it?

How long should a chain last? I haven't done 6000 miles yet but my chain
adjuster is half way across the last dot. The sprocket looks slightly
worn but not too bad. I don't think I ride very hard but I do use engine
braking a lot rather than using the brakes - is this hard on the chain?

Regards

Andrew