Re: [ST] New front tire + turn = Gravity Storm.

On Thu, 2 May 2002, BikerDad wrote:

> Sadly, yesterday, my Atomic Orange RS had a gravity storm
> induced meltdown, courtesy of a brand new front tire
> (approximately 500 yards on it!).

Sorry to head about your down, best of luck getting it fixed. There
are a couple of dealers that offer mail order, on of them is of course
Jack Lilly, see how much it would cost for him to get the parts to you.

> Oh, the other moral: new front tires are far more treacherous
> than new back tires.

Yeah, but the back ones can be more entratining, put a new rear on the
9r, again, in my garage, leaving the complex made a right and wanted to
impress a couple of people standing there. Hit the gas, rear tire slid
about 3-4 ft (seemed like a mile), all of a sudden the right side was
scuffed in :-) Can you say insta traction?  Yup, the 9r tried to through
my STUPID ass of the bike. I swear my feet where above the seat, but
some how managed to keep the front end pointed down the road, and got my
feet back on the pegs.

And for my next trick ...

let us know how it turns out, and if you can get the body panels from JL's
at a decent price (including shiping that is -).

t.

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 12 months old, 16,650 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500