[ST] Update on Blowed up ST

Well folks,

Here's the update on my bike.  Triumph is going to repair the engine.  They're going to replace the engine casing, tranny casing, all three connecting rods, crank, rings, one piston, 4 valves, waterpump, starter, and various other bits and pieces.  Which is great,  although very puzzling.  According to my dealer the parts alone are costing over $9k.  Add labor and shipping on top of that, and the cost will be over 10k.

I am going to get the connecting rods and crank magna fluxed and probably even shotpeened to reduce the likelihood that this "catastrophic failure" doesn't happen again.  Did learn something though.  Found out from my dealer that Triumph makes their own cranks and he thought connecting rods too.

Lex "Digital Dawg" Offer
reffoxel@xxxxxxxxxxx
2000 Lucifer Orange Sprint ST (no that's not a typo)
1986 VF1000 F-2 Bol d'Or